One of the arguments was about the presence of shares in the Berkshire Hathaway portfolio.
However, Warren Buffett was actively selling the bank’s shares in 2020. And here our paths diverge.
I decided to analyze his position – how it was. I present to you my research in the plate:
What we see:
- Buffett had been buying WFC shares before 2000. But then his position was only ~ 55 million old shares
- In August 2006, the issuer split the shares. For 1 old one they gave two new shares!
- Gradually, from 2002 to 2015, Buffett actively bought up WFC shares, bringing his stake to 500 million shares!
- Maximum position in 2015-2016
- In 2016, there was a major scandal in the bank about fraud with insurance of individuals, followed by the dismissal of top managers and courts in Congress. Warren Buffett was under pressure from the public “they say why are you holding a toxic asset“
- And he began to gradually sell shares …
Readers are probably interested in the final financial results of the Oracle?
I calculated approximately:
- Received about $ 7.5 billion in dividends
- Financial result according to the formula: Sale – Purchase + Cost of the current package = 0.8 billion dollars (approximate calculations)
- In the latest report, the fund holds just 55 million shares of WFC with a market value of almost $ 2 billion.
Total Investor in the black by $ 10.2 billion (calculations are approximate, and excluding taxes)
Invest like Warren Buffett !?