Despite the closure of borders and the cancellation of international flights due to the coronavirus, a residence permit in a European country gives Russians a legal opportunity to leave Russia. Recently, we have seen an increased demand for obtaining a residence permit and citizenship. One of the easiest to obtain is a residence permit in Italy for the chosen place of residence (visa D). We will tell you about the conditions for obtaining and the features of the program.
Italy is one of the most popular countries in the world: non-residents are attracted by a high standard of living, a unique culture and a rich cultural heritage. After 5 years of legal residence in the country, the family receives permanent residence in Italy, and after another 5 years it can apply for Italian citizenship. At the same time, unlike Spain itself, Italy allows for dual citizenship, it is not required to renounce Russian citizenship.
Orishak Capital family office lawyers help Russians to obtain a residence permit in Italy on the following grounds:
- Selected residence (visa D)
- Opening a representative office of a Russian or foreign company in Italy
- Individual entrepreneur visa (lavoro autonomo)
The chosen place of residence is the easiest way to obtain a residence permit in Italy without the right to work and is suitable for wealthy Russians and their family members who receive passive income.
The applicant and his family members have the right to live in Italy for an unlimited time, provided they have passive income and place of residence in the country. Subject to these conditions, the program is valid indefinitely. It is not required to spend more than 183 days in the country, which is convenient for those who want to maintain their tax residency in Russia. The term of receipt is from two to three months.
And most importantly, after 5 years of residence in the country, the program allows you to obtain a permanent residence permit for Italy, and after another 5 years – to apply for Italian citizenship.
Conditions for obtaining a residence permit in Italy at the chosen place of residence
Passive income must be derived from legal sources recognized by the Italian authorities and must not be associated with daily work activities. This could be:
- lease agreements
- dividends from holding securities
- interest on deposits, etc.
The minimum amount of passive income earned on a regular basis is from 31 thousand euros per year for the main applicant, plus 20% for the spouse and plus 5% for each minor child.
The applicant must also provide documents confirming the availability of housing for living at the chosen place of residence, for example:
- sales contract certified by a notary
- preliminary purchase and sale agreement (documents confirming the first payment (deposit)
- long-term lease agreement
The accommodation provided must be current and registered with the tax office (Agenzia delle Entrate).
The list of services provided includes:
- Consultation including analysis of documentation
- Collection and preparation of the necessary documents
- Accredited translation of documents
- Completion of an application form for all applicants for a type “D” visa for a long stay in Italy
- Drawing up a motivation letter for the Consulate with translation into
- After entering Italy, filling out the modules for applying for a residence permit (the basis
applicant and all family members)
- Escort to the territorial Questura to submit documents for
Residence permit and passing the identification and fingerprinting procedure
- Registration of a certificate of suitability of housing for living in Italy
- Registration of a medical insurance policy in Italy
- Registration of the residence, i.e. permanent registration at the passport office of the Commune at the place of residence and obtaining a local identity card
- Accompanying and assistance in opening a bank account in an Italian bank
If you are interested in the service of obtaining a residence permit in Italy, contact us and we will be happy to answer all your questions.
Yours sincerely, Vadim Orishak
Did you like the article? Share it on social networks!
More author’s articles on Yandex Zen