Russia has banned the entry of eight citizens of the EU countries. This is stated in the statement issued by the Russian Foreign Ministry on Friday in response to the restrictive measures introduced by the EU Council on March 2 and 22 this year against six Russian citizens.
The list includes:
– Ivars Abolins, Chairman of the National Council of the Republic of Latvia on Electronic Media;
– Maris Baltins, Director of the State Language Center of the Republic of Latvia;
– Jacques Maire, member of the French delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe;
– Jörg Raupach, Head of the Prosecutor’s Office of Berlin, Germany;
– David Maria Sassoli, President of the European Parliament;
– Osa Scott, Head of the Laboratory of Chemical, Biological, Radiation and Nuclear Safety, Total Defense Research Institute of the Kingdom of Sweden;
– Ilmar Tomusk, Head of the Language Department of the Republic of Estonia;
– Vera Yurova, Deputy Chairperson of the European Commission for Values and Transparency.
“The European Union continues the policy of illegitimate unilateral restrictive measures against Russian citizens and organizations. In March 2021 alone, six Russians were subjected to illegal EU restrictions. This practice runs counter to the UN Charter and fundamental norms of international law. It is accompanied by anti-Russian hysteria deliberately dispersed in the Western media. All our proposals to resolve any problematic issues arising between Russia and the EU in a direct professional dialogue are consistently ignored or rejected, “the Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
“Such actions of the European Union leave no doubt that their true goal is to restrain the development of our country at any cost. To impose its one-sided concept of a world order based on rules, undermining international law. To throw an open challenge to the independence of Russian foreign and domestic policy. This is done openly and deliberately.” And, of course, with the knowledge and encouragement of the United States, which does not hide its interest in re-transforming Europe into an arena of acute geopolitical confrontation, “the Russian Foreign Ministry noted.
Russian news agency TASS